40/40U-UB UV Flame Detector
A low cost solution in a durable, high spec package The new 40/40 UV Flame Detector detects hydrocarbon-based fuel and gas fires, invisible hydrogen flames, and fires from hydrides, ammonia, silane and other organics. The 40/40U-UB is the most durable and weather resistant UV flame detector currently on the market. Its new features include a heated window, to eliminate condensation and icing; HART capabilities, for digital communications; lower powerrequirements; and a compact, lighter design.
Due to increased reliability, the 40/40 Series warranty period has been extended to 5 years and is SIL2 (TUV) approved to IEC 61508.
The model 40/40UB includes a Built-in-Test (BIT) feature, whereas the 40/40U model does not.
Note: This type of detector should not be exposed to UV radiation sources such as welding, sparks, and electric arcs as it will cause false alarms.
Product code: 40-40U-UB
Main features and benefits:
• UV spectrum design
• Automatic and Manual Built-In-Test (BIT) – to assure
continued reliable operation (in 40/40UB only)
• Heated window – for operation in harsh weather conditions
(snow, ice, condensation)
• Multiple output options for maximum flexibility and
– Relays (3) for Alarm, Fault and Auxiliary
– 0-20mA (stepped)
– HART Protocol for maintenance and asset management
– RS-485, Modbus Compatible
• High Reliability – MTBF – minimum 150,000 hours
• Approved to Safety Integrity Level 2 (SIL2 – TUV)
model 40/40UB only
• 5-Year Warranty
• User Programmable via HART or RS-485
• Hazardous area zones:
– Zones 1 & 2 with IIC gas group vapors present
– Zones 21 & 22 with IIIC dust type present
• Ex approved to:
– ATEX & IECEx
– TR CU (EAC)
• 3rd party Performance Tested
– EN54-10 (VdS)
Click on the links below to download the following attachments:
Spectrex Flame Detector Brochure .pdf